How To Get Rid of Cockroaches?
How to Safely Get Rid of Cockroaches in Your Home or Workplace Areas
“ARRGHH …is that a cockroach”? “EWW…” These are noises someone makes when they are sighted at your home or workplace.
Stomped on cockroaches bring even less joy.
Just the sight of ONE cockroach can make friends and clients shiver and make a pact never to come over to your place again.
And what’s even worse is that they will tell lots of other people about their unhappy experience.
So how do you make them go away – permanently?
These ugly looking critters normally rest during daylight and come out in the night. But when their numbers multiply, they are forced out of their hiding places and do tap dances on your sink during daylight hours, too.
Plan of Attack:
Way before the problem gets really serious, you need to plan to make sure they don’t get to breed and cause havoc.
Although sanitation and hygiene matter a lot, even the cleanest offices and homes are at risk. And once they enter your home or office, they grow rapidly and will contaminate your food products and utensils with their droppings, urine and cast skins.
However, this is not all they do for you. Asthma and other health related problems multiply.
That includes 32 bacterial and 17 fungal-related diseases, three protozoa- related illnesses and two viruses.
The common ailments caused by cockroaches are: dysentery, typhoid and poliomyelitis, as well as gastroenteritis.
- Don’t leave food out overnight.
- Store all food in the refrigerator or in insect-proof containers.
- Don’t leave pet food and water out overnight.
- Clean all countertops, tables and sinks with soap and water every evening before going to bed.
- Wash all dishes, pots, pans and eating utensils as soon as you’re finished using them.
- Sweep or vacuum any food particles on floors.
- Vacuum all nooks and crannies where food may have lodged.
- Take all garbage out daily in closed containers.
- Clean and wash waste containers frequently.
- Repair all leaking or dripping faucets and pipes.
- Rinse and recycle cans and bottles regularly.
Harbourage Reduction. Reducing the places where cockroaches can live and reproduce is another strong preventive strategy.
Here are some ways to eliminate some of their favourite spots:
- Caulk to seal up cracks and places where cockroaches hide.
- Remove newspapers, bags, and boxes, especially corrugated cardboard boxes from the house or commercial premises.
- In offices seal spaces that have plumbing or electrical wiring going through walls.Cockroaches generally like warm, moist areas near a water source, so identify and frequently inspect your home around these potential nesting areas. Read more tips at our cockroach control page.
There are many species of these pests, such as the German cockroach, American cockroach and Australian cockroach.
So, are you ready to share your beautiful home with these ugly cockroaches? No? If you want to throw these insects out of your home, hiring the services of a commercial pest control company is the best option.
If you are looking for a commercial pest control company, we, at A1 Pest Control, may offer you the best.
Our cockroach control strategies rely upon several products and methods with the client’s safety at the forefront. Success will occur from the outset, but may be hampered by poor environmental conditions. We realise that perfectly clean surfaces are not always practical, but they sure do help!
Is YOUR home protected? How to get rid of cockroaches? Remember A1 Pest Control for your home’s complete termite and pest protection systems. Call 0417 251 911 or email today for more information, advice and FREE QUOTES!
Call Bruce on 0417 251 911 or send us a message if you have a problem with cockroach infestation.
- NB: By the way, we also can quote you on our cleaning services, which is a great preparation and increases the effectiveness of your treatment, without you having to use your own elbow grease. Just let the technician know before the pest management begins.