How to Get Rid of a Wasp Nest
We have attractive rates to get rid of and remove wasps. For fast action call 0417 251 911 or send us a message.
If you discover a wasp’s nest near your home, and you feel that it poses a danger to yourself, your family, or your pets, then it has to be removed as soon as possible.
If you are looking to do it yourself, use the plan below.
Disclaimer: No responsibility is taken by this firm for any injury caused implementing the plan. If in doubt, ALWAYS call in a professional pest firm to solve the problem. This plan is for informational purposes only.
Do it Yourself Wasp Nest Removal Plan
- Visit your local doctor & make sure that you are not allergic in any way to wasp or hornet venom.
- Identify exactly what species of wasps they are to find out if the wasps may be safely removed.
- Purchase a can of wasp killer and then read the directions on the label. Follow these directions to the letter.
- Find out the location of the nest and the flight path of the wasps. If the nest is above or near a doorway, ensure that you will have an escape point and another method of entry into your home during the treatment period.
- Wait until night time as the wasps or hornets will not be active, they will be inside or on top of the nest.
- Wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as correct respirator for sprays/fumes, impervious gloves, hat, and goggles for eye protection.
- Clear the area where you will be spraying of all risks: people, pets, toys, clothes on line, vehicles, vegetable patches, foodstuffs, etc.
- Position yourself where you are close to the nest, but not directly under it.
- ALWAYS have more than one escape routes planned to escape any annoyed wasps.
- Spray according to directions on the label. Don’t run from the area but re-treat quickly
- Wait overnight and the next couple of days to make sure that it has been effective.
- Wear your PPE again and knock down the nest if it isn’t active anymore and squash the nest with your gloves on to destroy the larvae.
- Dispose of the wasp or hornet’s nest. Success is yours!
Is YOUR home protected? Remember A1 Pest Control for your home’s complete wasp, hornet and pest protection systems. Simply 0417 251 911 or email today for more information, advice and FREE QUOTES! Call today to find out more information with no pressure to order our services on 0417 251 911
Send us a message for a free quote and advice