Get in Touch

Fleas Fumigation


The most common type of flea found within the Sydney area are dog and cat fleas which infest dogs and cats across the globe. These vampiric bugs breed at a remarkable pace within Sydney’s lovely humid climate unless you intervene and interrupt their life cycle. Small flea infestations might very well be easily dealt with but, in the case of an extreme infestation of fleas, fumigation conducted by an expert might be the only option.
A distressing health hazard for you and your pets
Fleas are capable of living off cats, dogs and humans and they are an immense nuisance as well as a health hazard. The saliva of the flea is as such that it causes skin irritation when the host is bitten by the insect. And although it might seem that many pets are oblivious to fleas and might not seem disturbed, many pets’ suffer from severe irritation and itching due to these pests. As a result scratching these bites can lead to secondary skin infections. In some cases animals which have a severe sensitivity to the fleas’ saliva may develop allergy dermatitis, a distressing and severe reaction to flea bites. It is also known that fleas are capable of transferring tapeworm between animals, pets and their owners.
Treating flea infestations
There are mainly two different types of insecticides which are regularly used to treat pets for fleas: insecticides which remove the mature fleas, and insect growth regulators which exterminate the flea eggs. Experts suggest that often only 5% of the flea population is actually found on pets, the other 95% of the infestation is attributed to the fleas which are at an immature stage of their life cycle.
Pyrethrin or pyrethroid prodcuts are often used to treat different sections of your house that have become prone to flea infestation. Once you have thoroughly cleaned your house inside and out you can apply fumigation insecticides, taking into account that your pets bedding and areas such as kennels are areas prone to flea infestation and should be cleaned very thoroughly. Another popular do it yourself method is “flea bombing” which involves a treatment that eliminates fleas from indoor areas which can be completely sectioned off while the treatment does its work, however this method is rarely successful when areas are missed or there are high risk areas outside.
Call in the professionals
If you prefer consulting a licensed pest control expert to help you deal with the infestation then you it should be done promptly to handle the situation before the infestation develops. A fleas fumigation expert can treat both the inside and outside of your house with insecticides to eliminate cat fleas, dog fleas as well as their larvae which effectively interrupts the fleas life cycle. When combining professional flea treatments with regular thorough cleaning of one’s home and pets, preventing future infestation is a breeze.
To speak to a pest control specialist about exterminating fleas within the Sydney region, contact Bruce on 0417 251 911 or contact him via email at
"We first used A1 Pest Control a few years ago when we noticed a few termites under a wine barrell in the rear yard of our home. We asked A1 Pest Control Sydney to pay us a visit to have a thorough termite inspection of our home. Bruce and his crew were on time, and very well presented. They explained how they would get rid of the termite infestation using a low toxic method and how their Thermal cameras worked, It worked very well and now we can sleep at night!"
Gary and Carol Harman
"We have been using Bruce form A1 Pest Control for over 4 years now. We bought our new house on the Hills Area, and moved in. our neighbours had problem with rodents and spiders so they are using A1 next door. I asked them if they could come over and treat our house too, as i didn't want to chase pest around our home. The service was not only effective, but carried out without any smelly fumes that we have experienced in our last house. They solved problem next door and I haven't seen a bug since."
Melissa Topper
"A1 Pest Control exterminators where great! I'm very happy to say that they solved a bed bug problem that I had after we had visitors from overseas visit us. I would recommend A1 Pest Control to anyone needing a safe and effective treatment of bed bugs"
Amanda Wu
"Bruce solved our commercial pest control problem in Castle Hill. Cockroaches were throughout our factory and they were completely gone after two visits from his exterminators. Just seeing one cockroach can lose us clients. I know now everyhing is ok, and our reputation is intact"
Raj Beri, Europa International
"Bruce from A1 Help us get rid of a bad spider infestation that have been troubling us for a while. It was done with low toxic spray and his crew even game me some cockroach and ant baits to get rid of them. I have recommended A1 to all my friends and family"
Carmel Thomas
Get in Touch
Get A Quote
Please complete the form below and we'll respond ASAP