Local Area Safe Pest Services For Your Office and Home.
The Sydney region in NSW, Australia is largely considered to be a high risk termite infestation area. This is to be noted at all properties within 100m of gumtrees or located near bushland.
This does not mean that you are safe from termites if you don’t live near the bush! Make sure that your property is regularly inspected by a professional and accredited pest control firm to ensure that you don’t get any nasty surprises down the road.
A termite report is the best way to make sure you know what’s going on inside the timber of your home or property. They’re great value for money and give any prospective property buyer peace of mind.
Termite Inspections in Sydney, NSW Australia
Having an inspection done for termites is often known as a building inspection and will include a pest report as well as a building report, this is one of the safest routes of inspection before purchasing any property.
It can save you thousands upon thousands of dollars in reparations if done properly. These inspections might also be referred to as Termite Inspections, Termite Reports, PPI (Pre-Purchase Property Inspection).
These inspections will incorporate a very thorough visual inspection of known problem areas such as the subfloor, roof void interior and exterior as well as other areas with suspected termite activity.
These inspections will generally run for between 1 and 2 hours dependant on the property size as well as the ease of access to the areas which require inspection. Cost will also range from $180.00 to $550.00 depending on the inspection method as well as the factors mentioned above regarding size and access.
For the most part the Sydney region is classified as high risk for termites. As such, regular termite inspections are recommended to ensure a termite free property.
Termite treatments such as Termidor chemical barriers or termite bait stations are recommended by our firm to manage a termite presence.
A termite report will generally have around 10-20 pages and detail the inspected areas as well as any indicators of termite found by the pest controller doing the inspection.
Though termite reports are very helpful they are by no means a deterrent and as such we would recommend having regular termite inspections conducted at your home or property to prevent any termite infestation from setting in.
Ideally an inspection would be carried out annually, for high risk areas we would recommend 3 monthly inspections.
Note: Keep in mind that no household insurance covers termite damage!
An Inspection Report is tailored to:
· Detect timber damage due to old termite infestations as well as current termites
· Gauge the level of risk your property is at
· Supply you with tips to reduce the likelihood of a termite infestation occurring
· Equip a pest controller with accurate information so that they can give you an accurate quote and treatment proposal
· It also educates you about termites and the termites you might have encountered at your property
· Highlights which termite species is present
Equipment necessary for a Termite Inspection
Recommended tools and equipment for the standard visual inspections may include:
- Professional high quality torch, this is essential as no inspector can accurately inspect a property without a torch that provides adequate lighting in dark spaces
- Moisture meter. A moisture meter can help a lot with regards to indicating the presence of moisture inside timber. Due to the fact that termites bring up moisture from the wall into timber frames this can be a very helpful device
- Flat head Screwdriver or Sharp Knife and Tape. These are used to pry open a tiny sliver of timber which allows for an assessment of the termite species and extent of the infestation. The sliver is then sealed back up to avoid rousing the termites
- digital camera or mobile smartphone
- a compass
- magnifying glass
- specimen jar
A1 Pest Control has specialized in termite treatment and inspection with over 40 years of experience in the pest control industry!
We are more than happy to organize a quote over the phone or organize a termite inspection or treatment on short notice.
Call us on 0417 251 911 or contact email@example.com for more information.